[Public-List] ENGINE ALIGNMENT

junkflyboy at tampabay.rr.com junkflyboy at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Dec 30 04:08:19 PST 2009

Being new to sailing, I obtained an ALBERG 30, it has a yanmar. What is the tolerance for the spacing for the alignment of the shaft. One year ago I had a new stainless steel shaft installed along with all the expensive parts,($4000.00), that the boat yard sed I needed. It has been a real educational toy for this old school bus driver here in FL. I am a bit of a mechanic but the day I picked up the boat the water was pouring in thru the shaft so I was at the mercy of the marine yard to keep her afloat.I assume you measure the tolerence at he coupling side to side. ANY HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!!!! do not be afraid to speak in simple terms as I need real guidance on a very important item.

Thanks in advance JUNKFLYBOY IN FL