[Public-List] Shore Power-Enlarging holes

Rick Leach rixquik at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 10 10:19:26 PST 2009

I've always had good luck with just driving a tapered plug into the existing hole, marking a new center and cutting the new hole. Sometimes it's necessary to trim the plug so it's head doesn't stick out of the hole too far, depending on the material thickness and hole saw depth.
For Dremel jobs like this I prefer a spiral cutter bit (roto-zip style) and the little mini router base attachment. I've had my best results with light pressure and patience.
And don't forget the "cutting fluid", regardless of which method used. I find that a good lager or ale, sparingly applied to the back of the tool operator's throat at regular intervals provides good results.

Rick Leach
Sugar Magnolia, #121