[Public-List] Racing Seminar and event calendar

J Bergquist jbergqui at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 11:28:25 PST 2009

Alberg 30 Folks,

The Racing seminar is coming up this saturday 2/14. The seminar will
be at the Eastport Branch of the Annapolis Public Library from 1-4 PM
and htere will be a party afterwards at the home of gracious hosts
Commodore Mike, Pat, Max, and Rachel Meinhold. I hope that you will
join us for the seminar.

Tim and Andrew have organized a round table and seminar format
discussion on racing techniques and updates to the racing rules. I am
sure the conversation will be stimulating, informative, and
interesting. I am looking forward to it!

In addition, we will be discussing the 2009 Schedule. In the interest
of getting the schedule information out to you as soon as possible so
that you can plan and co-ordinate with your crew, I have created a
google calendar which includes all of the events and information about
each event (including regatta co-ordinator, location, event website,
NoR, etc. where available). Cruise information is also included on
this calendar so you will know when and where cruises are happening.
The calendar can be viewed at:

http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=j4md8v73oojmosjifd5inmgvp0%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/New_York

And there is an RSS feed which allows you to download the events into
a news reader or 'live bookmark' so that event changes will
automatically be pushed out to you. The feed URL is:

http://www.google.com/calendar/feeds/j4md8v73oojmosjifd5inmgvp0%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic

Please make a bookmark for the calendar so that you can find it in the
future. Although it would be convenient, I have not been successful in
my efforts to get a link to the calendar from the www.alberg30.org
website. Jonathan Adams has offered to embed the calendar in his
website so once that happens we will let you know and you should be
able to reliably find it there. If you use google calendar, you can
subscribe to this calendar and it will automatically update your
personal calendar with these events.

We have a great season planned with lots of good opportunities for
both racing and cruising. It is my personal belief that the more
people who both race and cruise their Alberg 30's, the more fun we
will all have doing it. So I hope that some of you who have only raced
in years past will consider doing some cruising this year, and I hope
that those of you who have only cruised in years past will consider
doing some racing as well.

I hope to see you out there on the water in 2009, and I hope that you
will make it to the seminar on Saturday!

Kind regards,

J Bergquist