[Public-List] Mast Heads for the Alberg Internal halyards and the racing rules

crufone at comcast.net crufone at comcast.net
Sat Feb 21 07:35:06 PST 2009

Hi Rachel,

I am Michael but not the one you are thinking of.  Michael Connolly here.  My understanding from what has been interpreted about the current rules is that boats must be raced in the from that they were delivered from Whitby. Some have confirmed that Whitby never made A30 masts with internal halyards. In discussing the design of the new mast head with Stephen it is clear to me that this head was designed for external halyards.

My suggestion to the A30 racing rules committee is that they grandfather boats with internal halyards for this season only and then take the proper time to review and make a careful determination of what will be the final decision and rule on halyards.  Many issues must be taken into consid eration and it would be best not to rus h into a decision, just because the new racing season is upon us.

My two cents,

Michael Connolly  #133 on Lake Michigan