[Public-List] Mast Heads for the Alberg Internal halyards and the racing rules

Rachel penokee at cheqnet.net
Sat Feb 21 12:02:53 PST 2009

Micheal (Connolly),

I was bringing up an issue that would apply to boats with external
halyards, actually. The only reason I was doing so, was because it
sounded as though the committee was going to be re-considering the
rules for external vs. internal halyards, and perhaps not at the same
time addressing the *other* part of the rule that the new mastheads
actually do connect to (they aren't actually changing the boat to
internal halyards), which is rearrangement of the halyards (as they are
going to new sheave(s) in different places (yet all external).

Maybe I wasn't clear - sorry.

I don't care one way or the other; I only brought it up because it
would seem a shame to get a committee together to rule on "internal vs.
external" halyards, and then not at the same time consider the bigger
picture of "changing the routing of the halyards" that actually *would*
apply to the new mastheads.

Anyway, I will retire back into my non-racing shell now!

Rachel