[Public-List] Removing antifouling paint

Bill Newman newman423 at sympatico.ca
Mon Feb 23 06:15:48 PST 2009

I have a fairly ugly build up of Fibreglass Bottomcoat on #233 that I would like to remove this spring.  The alternatives seem to be sanding, very unpleasant, unhealthy and messy.  Also Interlux stripper, fairly expensive at about $80.00 per 4 litre can as well as soda blasting, expensive, messy and hard to find a location to do the blasting.  I have also been told from a not especially reliable source that there are some effective home made removers available.

Doe anyone have any informed opinions about this?  Any suggestions will be welcome.

Bill Newman
Marion Rose III