[Public-List] Bringing an Alberg home

Rachel penokee at cheqnet.net
Sun Feb 1 13:45:23 PST 2009

David,

I have seen photographs of a home-made crane that a fellow used
successfully to load and unload a similar-sized and -shaped boat from a
trailer.  He had the same issue as you, namely that a crane, etc. would
not fit into his location at his shop, which was down a hill, etc.

You'd have to design and figure out your own specs, but his was
essentially a giant scaffold over the boat with lifting straps, etc.
It had all the requisite diagonal bracing, etc.  If I remember
correctly he did actually use some large scaffolding components as part
of the frame.

Again though, it was a one-off home-built purpose to his situation, so
not something you could exactly copy.  Not very specific, I know, but I
thought you might get some encouragement just knowing that it had been
done with a similar boat.

Rachel