[Public-List] Bringing an Alberg home

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Sun Feb 1 15:48:17 PST 2009

Scott Lynds wrote:
> Hi David,
> Following is a link to a thread on the Classic Plastic forum where a fellow uses a pretty ingenious method to both load and off load a Pearson Triton. Looks like it would probably work for the slightly larger Alberg.
> Scott
>
> http://www.plasticclassicforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=3903

Please do note the warning about the first rig:

"The lift I used is one that I cobbled together with four boat trailer
winches and some used lumber that I had lying around. It did the job but
not very safely, I must say, I would not recomend such lightweight wood
members for any boat as heavy as the Triton. I would also never get
under any boat lifted in this manor.  I am actually in the the process
of redesigning the lift and replacing all of the wood components with
steel tubular scafolding that I happen to have available. I will be
using the new system to off-load #114 this coming weekend. I will post
some photos of that next week for anyone who is intrested."

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
   So many I love were not yet born.
                'The Middle' by Ogden Nash