[Public-List] Shore Power, revisited

Amy & David Swanson zira at bellsouth.net
Tue Feb 10 02:13:56 PST 2009

All -

Thanks for the input.  There were a couple consistent themes:
- Use GFCI outlets (or one & daisy chain).  I was already planning to do
this.
- Hook in the battery charger.  My second outlet is meant to service the
battery charger & provide power to the head area if needed
- Switch to a 30-amp inlet.  OK, any suggestions on how to expand the
currrent inlet's 2-1/4" hole in the front wall of the cockpit to 2.8" that
Marinco says is needed for their 30-amp inlet? Even if I had a hole saw that
big, it would be a bear to drill it since there is no material for the
center bit to go through.  I can borrow a jig saw but 2.8" is a pretty tight
radius.

Agan, thanks for any help

David Swanson
Strayaway Child