[Public-List] Shore Power

J Bergquist jbergqui at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 14:28:53 PST 2009

I have a 3 breaker shore power distribution panel.

30 A receptacle at the same location you describe.

In my electrical panel, I have a blue seas 30 A panel with a main
breaker and 3 subs, Volts, and Amps.

One sub breaker is for the battery charger.

One sub is for outlets.

The third sub is for an on-demand water heater. I have not gotten this
to work yet. I bought and installed it and it doesn't work probably
operator error but I have too many other things to do to fix it these
days.

I have 3 outlets. One is on the main breaker panel. One is as you
describe in the galley. The third is in the head. All 3 are GFCI.

I run my heater off the outlets. I live on my boat in Baltimore
harbor, so heat is necessary.

My battery charger is installed in the electrical locker and I turn it
on whenever I am connected to shore power. It's a modern solid state
2-bank 20A charger with float. I think it's a Xantrex.

Kind regards,

J Bergquist