[Public-List] [SPAM] - saddle tanks and engine access - Email found in subject

Joel Lembo jlembo at scwwa.org
Thu Feb 12 04:31:12 PST 2009

David, I had two fuel tanks made to go in each locker they back up to
the bulkhead 18 gallons each. They were constructed of 5052 aluminum
1/8" thick. I also removed the fuel tank behind the engine fabricated a
removable frame and located the house batteries there. I cut out the
floor in the cockpit pulled out the balsa core and filled in solid three
inches around with epoxy. Then underneath bonded an aluminum frame 2" x
1/4" and tapped holes. I used the cut out piece for the lid also
removing balsa core and filling in solid. I drilled holes with
countersinks in this and screw it down with a little silicone sealer. In
spring I remove this and check the batteries etc and reseal. No leaks in
8 years.

Joel (Janus)449