[Public-List] Mast Heads for the Alberg

J Bergquist jbergqui at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 12:17:48 PST 2009

CB-

I can't speak for all.

For me, personally, I have a lot of problems with spinnaker halyard
wraps because of the way my spin halyard crane is arranged. Obviously,
I can survive without a new masthead, but it would be a nice upgrade
and I think it would make the spinnaker halyard work much better.
Also, I really like the idea of having a spare jib halyard and running
my halyards internally. (obviously this is also nice-to-have, not
strictly speaking required).

I think $325 is a very good price for something as nice as stephen is
offering. So I plan to buy one.

Others may have more acute need for a replacement masthead fitting for
whatever reason...corrosion, fatigue, fasteners broken off, who knows
what other reasons people may have to want to replace that fitting,
but one thing is certain...not all boats live equivalent lives, so
just because yours is in very good condition does not mean that
everyone else is so fortunate.

Kind regards,

J Bergquist