[Public-List] Mast Heads for the Alberg

Roger L. Kingsland r.kingsland at ksba.com
Fri Feb 20 06:57:11 PST 2009

Speaking of class rules, I am the proud owner of the rudder (and good old
#148, the boat to which it is attached) shown in the last picture of this
section of the A30 web site;
http://www.alberg30.org/maintenance/Steering/RudderVarieties/.

Of course with a rudder like this, one only needs to think about tacking
and, presto, you are sitting on the opposite rail yelling "starboard" to
anyone who will listen.  Since it seems a tad larger than other A30 rudders,
I wonder if it might disqualify me from racing.  The argument I am
developing for my hearing before the rules committee is the reduced speed
resulting from the added wetted surface area is more detrimental than being
able to do roll tacks like a Laser.  Think it will fly or should I put a new
blade in the gig saw?

Roger 148