[Public-List] Mast Heads for the Alberg Internal halyards and the racing rules ~ Parameter suggestions

Mike Lehman sail_505 at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 22 15:31:14 PST 2009

I plan to order and install one of the new mast heads. I look forward to being protested, because that means I beat another boat. With all of this "public laundry", I believe I could mount a good defense to win the protest.

I would like to have a definitive rule from the rules committee - either internal halyards are legal or they are not legal.

The modification is expensive (not just the cost of the mast head), but the installation costs. I would like to know, one way or the other, if my boat is legal because of this change. I want to know if I will be subjected to a protest if I win a race. I would like to feel that I was honest when I signed the entry form stating that my boat "conforms to class rules".

We MUST have a rule on this!!!! Otherwise we are not one-design.

Mike Lehman