[Public-List] Removing antifouling paint

Rachel penokee at cheqnet.net
Mon Feb 23 11:43:02 PST 2009

Hi Bill,

I would try a good, sharp carbide scraper and see how that works.  It
probably sounds tiny and crazy, but when they work, they work very
well, go faster than you'd think, and don't create any flying dust to
speak of.

Bahco is one brand, but there are many others.

I've included a link to one at Amazon, below, so you can see it, but
they are often available at hardware stores, and the like, so I
wouldn't think you'd have to order one.  There are variations in handle
style.

If you round off the corners a bit at each side, they won't "catch" on
the gelcoat when you get there.

You may find that this doesn't work on your particular paint, but I
know several people who've had good luck with them, and I would give it
a test if it were me.

#221 says "Hello" to her younger sister :)

Rachel

http://www.amazon.com/Bahco-665XXX-Premium-Ergonomic-Carbide/dp/
B000288LP6