[Public-List] Automatic bilge pumps

Jim Davis a30240 at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 6 14:01:21 PST 2009

I agree with all the negative comments about automatic bilge pumps, but I do have one.  It won't handle a catastrophic leak, but if the stuffing box decides to do more than drip may well save your day.  It will also keep thing a bit dryer during a Biblical Rain.

On "Water Puppies".  I also have one and it will almost keep up with a person armed with a bucket standing up to their waist in cold water.  It is handy to help back flush an engine an shoot back at George's water cannon.

Jim Davis
S/V Isa Lei
CT 35

IMPORTANT: This email is intended for the use of the individual addressee(s) named above and may contain information that is confidential privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humor or irrational religious beliefs.