[Public-List] Wanted .................Comments on A30 Rudder Construction, esp Rachel and Andrew Cole

Mike Lehman sail_505 at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 10 12:20:08 PDT 2009

Micael,

We agreed on one thing...your rudder is a mess! Is it wooden. Some of the earlier boats had wooden rudders. I think you need to take it off - not an easy thing to do, I did it a bunch of years ago and had to dig a deep hole under theboat so the rudder would slide out. You should have seen all of the insurance release paperwork that the boat yard made me sign.

Having said that, it is much easier to work on the rudder in the shop and rebuild it there  instead of the on the boat.

Mike Lehman