[Public-List] Inner forestay attachment

Michael Taylor m_tayau at yahoo.com.au
Tue Jul 21 19:18:29 PDT 2009

As the specific purpose of the inner forestay for #231 (still nameless) is for use with a storm jib, I tend to agree that reinforcement of the anchor point is required.  A second bulk head in the anchor locker is something I'm leaning towards.  I would prefer to use the existing one but at only 6' from the mast it seems a little close - especially as the upper attachment point will be just above the spreaders.

Thanks everyone for all the comments.

Mick