[Public-List] loose casting on propeller shaft at end of keel

Peter Milley milleype at kingston.net
Sun Jul 26 22:17:03 PDT 2009

Thanks George,
I had no idea that there was that much calking holding the stern tube in
place. After I received you question I had some doubt and was starting to
second guess myself. Galileo called doubt the father of invention.
Having studied the photo you provided and with your last reply I'm confident
that there will be no further issues with the repair. I guess the proof of
the pudding will be when I have it in the water this winter with a few hours
on the engine!
Peter