[Public-List] Atomic 4 carb info wanted

Amy & David Swanson zira at bellsouth.net
Mon Jul 27 02:43:48 PDT 2009

I have 2 "spare" carb that came off of other Atomic 4 engines.  One is the
older style, made from cast iron, the other is the newer, "pot metal" style.
The connections for the choke and throttle cables do not match the one I
have on the boat, and since the basic carb was used for a lot of industrial
and agricultural applications with different jets, etc. I am wondering if
they are really "correct" carbs or just replacements someone threw on.  Can
anyone tell me the little numbers off their carb (old or new generation)?
On the older carb the numbers are stamped onto a small metal disk riveted to
the top of the carb, on the newer models they are stamped directly into the
top of the carb.

Thanks!

David Swason
Strayaway Child