[Public-List] Mast cross bolt

Bill Newman newman423 at sympatico.ca
Sun Jun 7 12:43:46 PDT 2009

I would be interested in some opinions regarding whether to use the cross bolt to hold the mast on to the step or not.  I realize that if the mast were ever to go over the side it is  less likely to do catostrophic damage to the boat if the bolt is out.  However, the male piece on the step that goes into the bottom of the mast  has alwas seemed to be a little short and I always wonder if under some extreme conditions it could jump off the step.  Any opinions will be appreciated.

Bill Newman
Marion Rose III