[Public-List] 2009 Ted Osius Regatta

J Bergquist jbergqui at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 09:40:36 PDT 2009

Folks,

I apologize for the delay in doing an Osius write-up. Apparently,
moving takes up a lot of time. It's been 8 years since I did it, so I
needed a refresher course....

We had a great day of sailing on Sunday. TC Williams put on a clinic
and did a horizon job on the fleet, winning both races by a
significant margin (or at least, that is how it appeared from my
vantage point...admittedly in the back). The party after racing was
also great and was masterfully organized by Towney and Joan.

I am told the Luce Creek Cruise on Saturday was excellent although a
last-minute emergency boat project kept me away from the festivities
(isn't that always the way?). Mike M attended and rafted with me on
Saturday night, and he said the cruise was great. Thanks to Vicki
Lathom for hosting it, and here is hoping she will do it again on
Osius weekend next year.

Full report, including final results for both races, and a couple of
pictures is on the A30 racing blog:

http://racing.alberg30.org

The next race will be a white-sail race which will be part of the
Summer cruise/Orioles cruise. I will send an e-mail with details on
that later. It will be cheap, it will be laid back, there will be
great prizes, and it will be a lot of fun. I heard a little rumor that
Towney is thinking seriously about participating, so this might be
your chance to compete against a living A30 legend. Also, I am working
on a handicap system so that those of you who do not have A30's can
also participate. Details will be announced sometime in the next 2
weeks (whenever I can make time to figure them out...) I hope to see
you all there!

Ciao,

J Bergquist