[Public-List] Strong Track Overhang

John R. Willis gusano at radix.net
Thu Jun 11 14:08:12 PDT 2009

Howdy All,

I recently had a local rigger out to do some work, and happened to mention
I was contemplating adding a Strong Track this summer.  He said he
wouldn't recommend it as the Strong Track would extend off each side of
the mast and therefore wouldn't be fully supported.

I know others have installed a Strong Track on their A30 and was hoping I
might be able to get some feedback regarding any possible overhang issues.
As far as I know, I have the original mast (1970) and wouldn't expect mine
to be *that* different than others.

Thanks in advance,

--John Willis
Jubilant, #435