[Public-List] Gas tank (stupid) question

dickdurk at atlanticbb.net dickdurk at atlanticbb.net
Mon Jun 8 18:49:47 PDT 2009

If you fill the fuel filter with gas (I assume you use
something like a fram special marine spin on type) by the
time the engine runs out of that supply, the line should
be primed and you are good to go. I would avoid using an
ouboard type fuel primer bulb-permanently mounted, anyway.
Those have given me problems.
You may have to crack open the filter to bleed air out of
the top after everything is going, but I don't think that
is an issue with a gas engine.
While you are into the fuel tank, you may want to remove
the screen located on the end of the suction line. It's a
pain to get to when it clogs, and primary and secondary
filters really makes it more trouble than it is worth.

MichaelGrosh