[Public-List] Strong Track Overhang

John R. Willis gusano at radix.net
Sun Jun 14 09:44:38 PDT 2009

Thanks for all the feedback.  My best friend is disabled and has
difficulty raising the main by himself when we go out.  I had thought
Strong Track might allow him to more easily deal with things - based on
the responses, it sounds like it might be worth trying.

I assume my mast is similar to most - there is a 3/4 inch wide flat
surface on the aft side, with a 7/8 inch track attached.  The rigger was
concerned the Strong Track would extend too far beyond the edge of the
flat mounting surface and therefore wouldn't be completely supported.

Not sure if this is much of a concern - has anyone experienced any issues
related to the Strong Track being wider than the mounting surface?

Thanks again,

--John Willis
Jubilant, #435