[Public-List] My Alberg 30 has a new owner

Rachel penokee at cheqnet.net
Sat Mar 21 14:55:37 PDT 2009

Well, I have to (sadly) say that I've (somewhat reluctantly) sold my
Alberg 30 and she has a new owner.

I had her on the hard all the time I've owned her, and was making
improvements (not always quickly, due to work, weather, etc). So it was
bittersweet when the new owner launched her earlier this week all tidy
and ready.  I almost couldn't watch, but on the other hand, I'm very
proud of my baby, so I did.  None of the below-waterline work I'd done
showed any problems.  (I did some other projects too, but those are the
ones you're thinking of when you launch!)

Wow, does she look beautiful afloat!  Really, really lovely.  It's
amazing how a boat can be this big, ungainly thing on land that you
climb up and down a ladder (over and over) to get tools, bring up
supplies, etc.  The underwater hull is this big swath of workspace, as
you remove and install things.  She bristles with boat stands.

Then you launch and she's a beautiful bird.  She moves!  When you step
aboard, she shifts in a boaty way instead of feeling like a piece of
the earth.  Wow, what a change.  And although she looked great on land;
she looks even prettier afloat.  Awwww :)

I'll let the new owner introduce himself, if he'd like to.  She'll be
at my dock for a bit, but then she'll be heading up to her new home
closer to Annapolis.

Of course I need another boat, and I still really like the Alberg 30 -
what a fine boat.  I think I'll stay on the list if that's okay with
folks.  Thanks for all your help. (Oh, and I do have a question, which
I'll pose in a separate topic).

Rachel
ex-#221

PS: George, I know I still owe you a rudder pictorial - I haven't
forgotten, it's just that my aging computer is really slooow in
manipulating images, so I tend to put it off.