[Public-List] Bulkhead

Mark Dietrich mrkdtrch at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 19 08:10:58 PDT 2009

Has anyone had experience replacing the plywood bulkhead under the beam supporting the mast?  My boat {351} has a liner and the plywood got soft and rotten at the bottom and along side the liner for the v berth.  I guess I needed more ventilation or maybe some heat in the winter time here in San Francisco Bay.  At any rate I supported the mast with a post and was able to get the bulkhead out in more or less one piece, only the starboard side needs replacing.
Now I need to know how to get a new piece back in.  Does anyone have any tricks?
Thanks,
Mark