[Public-List] Public-List Digest, Vol 1516, Issue 1

Wcwinslow at aol.com Wcwinslow at aol.com
Wed May 13 12:12:50 PDT 2009

In a message dated 5/13/2009 3:03:58 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
public-list-request at lists.alberg30.org writes:

I am  replacing the hatch over the v-birth, the main hatch and the
lazarette.   I was planning to use the exiting frames as a guide to make new, solid
teak,  frames and using teak plywood for the tops.  My thinking is the
plywood  would be easier to work with and more stable (less expansion /
contraction ),  but I would hate to do this and see the tops  delaminate.

Be careful on what quality of teak plywood you buy. Generally it is one ply
 thick and vulnerable to sanding through if you ever need to refinish it. I
went  through the veneer on my drop boards, so ended up painting them to
match the  deck.

William c. Winslow
**************Recession-proof vacation ideas.  Find free things to do in
the U.S.