[Public-List] interior teak

mainstay at csolve.net mainstay at csolve.net
Sat May 16 08:00:51 PDT 2009

hello gang -

I am thinking about that job too... I am thinking about cleaning the
old oiled teak ply bulkheads etc with a mild solvent, then finishing
them with matt varnish.  I am thinking of finishing the trim pieces
(corners etc) which are made of solid teak with gloss varnish.  I am
hoping for a nice barely perceptible contrast effect that I have
admired in old wooden yachts.

But first, I have to do a deck core job on my cockpit sole, then
remove and rebed the genoa tracks.  Not looking forward to those jobs
but they must be done.
Gord #426