[Public-List] interior teak

Rachel penokee at cheqnet.net
Sat May 16 12:43:57 PDT 2009

I think of Cetol as a compromise finish for exterior wood.  That is,
it's not quite varnish, but it's also not as hard to keep up (most
people find) in the UV of the outdoors.

But belowdecks seems like the ultimate place for a "free ride" from
beautiful, traditional varnish.  That is, you do it once and it will
last virtually forever, and be beautiful besides.   With no UV to
deteriorate the varnish, I see no reason to compromise with Cetol.

Also, with varnish you have a number of choices for gloss level, so you
can choose what you like.

(Of course oiling is a possibility too; I was just addressing varnish
in light of the proposed Cetol.)

IMO,

Rachel
ex-#221