[Public-List] interior teak

Jim Davis a30240 at earthlink.net
Sat May 16 13:32:35 PDT 2009

Gord

Rather than a "mild solvent" can I suggest Murphy's Oil Soap or Spic and Span for cleaning the bulkheads.  A varnish I'm happy with is the Minwax Helmsman series.  It is a polyurethane that holds up well, inexpensive and dries to a hard finish (matt, satin and gloss).  The hard dry is easier on sweaters than most of the big name marine varnishes.

Jim Davis
S/V Isa Lei

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress.

-- John Adams