[Public-List] Finish Interior Teak

elyse.pastor at sympatico.ca elyse.pastor at sympatico.ca
Sat May 16 17:09:14 PDT 2009

Hello David,

I re-finnished all my interior teak with DEFTOIL Marine Teakwood finish. If your teak is not varnished - just slightly sand with 220 grid and apply DEFTOIL with a lint-free rag. If you do it for the first time, you might want to repeat the process as the wood absorbes the product well (follow the instructions).

The result you get - a silky smooth brushed-like finish that brings out the best of your teak. JUST BEAUTIFUL - and the efforts in comparison to Varnishing - you can do the whole cabin in 2 hours.

And next year (or the year after), I will just run over it again with a DEFTOIL soaked rag and the wood is good for another year (and so on..)

Happy sailing

Bruno & Elyse

Lady Heron #297