[Public-List] white fleet award

Don Campbell dk.campbell at sympatico.ca
Wed May 6 08:20:39 PDT 2009

Jay ;
    Just remember that the last great area for world exploration for the
21st Century is between the ears. We had a very interesting week of
Public TV in December on neuroscience - they did 28 hours in a week and
all areas of pros that week felt they were below 3% of total knowledge
possible on brains and brain related sciences. Therefore,  if you know
90 % of what you need to for the exam, you are unlikely to know any more
than about 2% of what the real story is. However it is still a
fascinating field of study and  while I know your reading is without
compromise, you would enjoy a book called The Brain that Changes Itself
by  Doidge. It is available as a Penguin paperback and is on Amazon or
Alibris.
    Good luck on your exam and don't tell your examiners too much they
have never heard before. That never seems to go over too well. . People
like Hans Selye and Wilder Penfield still have important contributions
to the basics though that still apply.