[Public-List] mast base location

Roger L. Kingsland r.kingsland at ksba.com
Wed May 6 08:59:04 PDT 2009

Not that we can do it on our boats, but I seem to recall learning a raked
mast helps w/ upwind performance.  I "guest crewed" on the Pride of
Baltimore (super duper raked masts) years ago from Erie, PA to Toronto and
recall she could sail under 30 degrees off the wind (or does memory spawn
exaggeration).

Roger Kingsland, Managing Partner
Kingsland Scott Bauer Associates

KSBA

Architects/Planners/InteriorDesigners/ProjectManagers

3441 Butler Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15201
N 40° 27.8344'  W79° 57.9831'

412-252-1500 ext.101