[Public-List] mast base location

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Wed May 6 09:08:20 PDT 2009

Hi Roger -

I think Pride would be doing well to sail within 120 degrees !!!

Ships of her time had sharply raked masts for strength as well as for
pointing  ability.  The shrouds are slightly shorter when they are raked
like hers are...when using vegetible fibre (hemp) stays and shrouds limiting
stretch by any means is worth while.

She is a great vessel!