[Public-List] Interior painting/ Cetol Light

Matthew Hay mattrhay at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 07:33:29 PST 2009

Hello,

How was the storm for you down on the midcoast?

I have one or two (at most) original coats of interior paint that is
starting to peel.  I am thinking a combo of scraper/small electric sander on
rough spots, and then sanding the surface of existing paint for paint
adhesion?  I am assuming that 1968 paint contains lead so I want to
encapsulate.  My two and four year old boys sleep and play on board
frequently.  Any advice would be very helpful about this process as well as
what paint you have used.  Also, has anyone tried the new Cetol light?
(sounds like a beer type beverage)  If so,(not as beverage) how was it?  I
am specialy interested in what paints different people have used.
Thank you very much,

Matt Hay
#314 Renard 1968