[Public-List] Cockpit drains

Michael Taylor m_tayau at yahoo.com.au
Wed Nov 25 17:11:25 PST 2009

A late respsonse - I have just finished (almost) fitting 11/2" thruhulls and
full-flow fittings back to the scuppers.  The 15/8th internal diameter
hose is a very tight fit on all fittings.  With good quality hose and
clamps a failure is unlikely.  I prefer the idea of leaving one seacock
open and rotate opening and closing.  Reduces chances of a problem due to hose failure
and by rotating helps to keep the sea cocks working.  How many are
guilty of not regularly opening and closing seacocks to help keep them
serviceable?

Mick