[Public-List] Atomic 4 - Water in distributer?

Amy & David Swanson zira at bellsouth.net
Sun Nov 15 16:24:31 PST 2009

All -

Three of the last 4 times I have gone to our boat, I have found the
distributor on my Atomic 4 filled with water, all the way to the top.  Prior
to the first time I had been playing with the valve & T that was installed
to flush the motor, located right beside the distributor.  I figured I must
have splashed enough water around to fill it.  The second time we had 10+
inches of rain (really) and I had been working on the cockpit locker gaskets
& hatch boards, and there was a lot of water leakage so I thought maybe that
caused it.  Last trip it was fine.  This past week we got a lot of rain
again (over 4") but the boat was basically dry inside (little water in the
bilge was all).

Each time I dry it out & run the engine for a while, and see no more water
in the distributor over the course of the weekend.  A week (or 2) later it
is full.  Does anyone have any ideas?  This is an older-style Atomic 4 with
the Prestolite distributor.

David Swanson
Strayaway Child
Alberg 30 #229