[Public-List] Loose-footed mainsail

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Wed Nov 18 06:50:01 PST 2009

Can't resist joining in...

One of the things our boats are prone to is heavy helms due to the
large main and forward position of the mast.   I reckon the range of
conditions one can use a super-cambered mainsail are rather slim.  The
imbalance in the helm might be expected to cancel out the benefits....

Ok - now let me have it, you lovers of loose footed (feeted) mains...

Gord