[Public-List] Cockpit Drain Seacocks

Mike Lehman sail_505 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 25 05:10:15 PST 2009

I can't believe that there is still an Alberg with original gate valves! Mine failed many, many years ago and so have others I have spoken to. The worst failure is when they break off, as related by Bob. But a very common failure is that the internal shaft that operates the gate breaks. So you *think* you have a functioning valve, but you *really* don't and when you find out that the valve doesn't work, it is usually a time when you *really* need it to work.

They should ALL be changed - especially the home-made ones that Whibty installed (engine intake, head intake, and fresh water intake).

Mike Lehman