[Public-List] Large ports in cabin

RogerW rcsbiz08 at toadmail.com
Tue Oct 27 17:59:05 PDT 2009

A prior owner of #26 Wooshkeetaan installed some plexiglass ports in the
2 aft positions, port and stb'd. (4 in all) They are put in with an
automotive-style rubber gasket, and while effective, we have several
times stove them in with our feet while sitting upon the cabin, and
potentially they could be a safety hazard in a large sea or broach. Are
there any solutions available short of making frames of wood or
Starboard, from scratch? Anyone have templates for router, originals,
ideas? Thanks to all, batten the hatches for Winter!