[Public-List] Large ports in cabin

Mike Lehman sail_505 at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 27 18:27:23 PDT 2009

The early boats all had rubber gaskets on the main ports and the smaller ones too. Probably the best solution would be to make aluminum frames for inside and outside and thru bolt the making a sandwich with the plexiglass. This is one place, the only place, where I think it is appropriate to use clear silicon. It would be best to have a frame to make a template, short of that, once the windows were removed, you could trace the inside of the hole and make a frame template from there. Maybe someone on list has a frame they could trace and send you the drawing.

Mike Lehman