[Public-List] Main Sail Track Fasetening

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Mon Oct 19 13:35:12 PDT 2009

Hello Mick -

I may be misunderstanding your question...but it looks to me like the
best thing for you to do is get a 3/16 tap and run that in and out of
each hole to clean up the threads.  I would say that 1/4 is too big
both with regard to the screw heads and it is more meat than you need.

I would recommend that you not use aluminium rivets - they are too
soft and you could tear the track out under sail in heavy winds.

Last thing - remind me where in Oz you are.

Gord
Canada #426 Surprise