[Public-List] New cruising jib

jon whittle at shaw.ca
Tue Sep 22 18:14:55 PDT 2009

Dear Listers,
                  Well, it's time for a new self-furling jib.We have been using a racing jib since acquiring the boat about ten years ago but the quantity of sailtape required to keep it going is costing more than a new jib! I jest. Looking for advice, information etc. on what we might be looking for. We plan to cruise every summer in the NorthWest BC Desolation Sound and North thereof. We do not intend to race. What size? ( We sail in the lightest airs for as long as possible and don't mind hunkering down in a 25 to 30 knot breeze!!) Regards Jonathan Whittingham EMMY#25.