[Public-List] bugs

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Thu Sep 10 07:12:40 PDT 2009

Hi Dan -

Are you referring to very tiny crawling insects that are visible
creeping around on countertops etc?  We get them too.  I cut them back
by rinsing things with a weak detergent solution.   The mere touch of
detergent is death to any insect.  We used to combat the large flies
that Lake Ontario is famous for with weak detergent in a squirt gun.
For the mites we use weak detergent in an old windex bottle with a
spray pump.

I hope this is not an environmentally unsafe practice  - let me know
folks if you have insights into this.

Gord
#426 Surprise