[Public-List] Mast cradle for canal and winterizing

Rachel penokee at cheqnet.net
Fri Sep 11 09:06:41 PDT 2009

There's a photo of Yves Gelinas' A-30, "Jean du Sud," with her mast in
supports as they cruise the rivers/canals of France.  You can't see
every last detail, but it does show that they used "X" type cross-
trees for support, and also that they set the aft one quite high in
order to make the boat more livable.  Also looks like they rigged
their usual bimini to the mast for shade.

I don't think we can attach photos here, but you can find it if you go
to the following link and then scroll right to the bottom:

http://www.capehorn.com/sections/remotorisation/remotoriserAng.htm

Congratulations on your new boat! :)

Rachel
ex #221