[Public-List] Would this work???

Hugh McCormack hugh_alberg at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 20 16:01:45 PDT 2009

Hello Alfredo,

I'm afraid I'm in agreement with Bob.  I don't think the axles would stand up.  Their total capacity is 14000 lbs which is probably close to the combined weight of the boat, cradle and trailer.  Even if there was an excess capacity of weight I would be very worried about the state of the wheel bearings and the impact on them of such a large load.  Spreading the load over an extra axle would help especially given the distance you are thinking of going.  But I don't think that you would be able to add another axle to that trailer.  I might take a chance on two axles if it was only a few miles from the marina to home over a good road.  But I wouldn't go the distance you are looking at.  Better safe than sorry.

Regards,

Hugh