[Public-List] Deck beam still a little flat.

Greg Roberts gregr at nethere.com
Mon Sep 21 09:34:50 PDT 2009

Roger,
I'll give that a try. Sorry 2nd paragraph wasn't clear. The side of
the beam is ideally flat. A plate of similar size will bolt flat
against it. Add tabbing around the beam. Now install the plate and it
rests on the tabbing... Laborious solution: cut a step in the back of
the plate to make a space for the tabbing. Fill that space with
thickened epoxy. Bolt it together and clean up the extra that squezes
out. Another approach would be to cover the beam in glass and then
install the plate. I'm not sure I can get that much glass flat...

Greg

Sent from my iPhone