[Public-List] Running Genoa Sheets

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Wed Sep 23 10:53:29 PDT 2009

Hello Jeff,

We had the same problem in SURPRISE.  We cured it by fitting foot
blocks to the life line stanchion bases just aft of the primary
winches.  The genny sheets lead from the clew of the sail, to the
sheet blocks on the track, then back to the foot blocks... only from
there do they go to the winch.

Doing this ensures that whatever position the sheet blocks are in, the
sheet is set up at just the right angle to feed cleanly onto the sheet
winches.

In order to minimize friction, I use rather large blocks in the foot
block position.

Cheers - Gord
SURPRISE #426