[Public-List] Standing Rigging

Derrick Serrer cptn_derrick at yahoo.ca
Fri Sep 25 21:38:03 PDT 2009

Thank you to everyone for all of the responses. My plan is to use the existing stays as patterns and cut the new ones to fit based on those. By stretching them out on sawhorses I should be able to get a pretty darn good fit.
My plan is to perform all of the work myself as eluded to earlier, that way I am sure it is done correctly and if not, I have nobody to blame but myself.  :-)
I do intend on replacing the inner chainplates as well due to some of the things mentioned in your responses not to mention all of the concern for weakened/inadequate knees.
I will let you know how it goes,
Thanks again,
Derrick